Booking your holiday in Cinque Terre ?
Staying in the villages
If you are visiting Cinque Terre in 2 or 3 days, be sure to stay in one of the villages. You'll find plenty of accomodation.
Prices will be a little higher, rooms may be a bit smaller, you'll pay for a parking space, but you will not lose valuable time.
Even if you are staying longer in the area (which we definitely recommend), we suggest to stay one or two nights in one of the villages,
so that you can smell the atmosphere early in the morning and late in the evening. You will experience something totally different than during the day.
Our personal recommendations
We have visited Cinque Terre several times. We can definitely recommend some of the places where we stayed to the visitors of our website.
Click on the images below to visit their website, but be sure to come back. Some of them offer a discount or another extra, exclusively available in our e-book.
in La Spezia
Simply the best !
Budget friendly for families.
Cosy apartment for couples
in Deiva Marina
Tips from our visitors
Visitors of our website have one thing in common : they organise their trips themselves. Finding a place to stay is taking a lot of time. Reservations made previously by visitors of our site may help you to save some time.
A few general tips to take care of :
- In case you only use public transport,take into account the distance to the train station. You can of course choose for one of the five towns, but also La Spezia, Levanto and the coastal towns to the north of Levanto (Bonassola, Framura, Deiva Marina) are suitable places, where the train brings you in Cinque Terre in less than 20 minutes.
- If you have a car at your disposal, you can look out for a place in the hills behind La Spezia as well. But take into account that parking your car in the villages can be expensive. In July and August, it is simply recommended not to use a car to go into the villages. You are bound to lose more time than you can image in the trafic jams.
- Staying in one of the five villages is more expensive than in other regions in Italy, simply a question of offer and demand. The average price for a room with breakfast in one of the villages lies between 80 and 120 EUR for a night. If you book in time and can settle with a little less comfort, you will find rooms between 50 and 100 EUR.
- Summer (July / Augustus) is very busy in Cinque Terre. If you want to book a stay for this period, don't wait too long. The best places are sold out quickly. If you book in summer, be prepared for the crowds !
- The advantage of staying in one of the villages, is that you will also see Cinque Terre when the hurds of tourist have left the towns. Early in the morning and late in the evening, quiet descends over the village, reflecting their true nature.
- Are you looking for the nightlife ? You will not really find it in Cinque Terre. The Tuscan Coast, a little south of Cinque Terre, will give you all you want (Viareggio, Forte di Marmo, Massa)
- You want a beach ? only Monterosso has a classic beach in Cinque Terre. In Vernazza you will find a tiny beach in the harbour, while Manarola and Riomaggiore provide bathing opportunities 'on the rocks'. North of Cinque Terre, you will find sandy beaches in Levanto, Bonassola and Deiva Marina. South of Cinque Terre, the Tuscan Coast is a paradise for beach lovers.